Welcome to London’s high society, where dukes and earls are worth their weight in gold and pearls. But prim and proper behavior isn’t always so easy when hearts are involved. From the ballrooms to the gaming hells, these five Regency couples are turning the ton on its ear with their scandals and secrets.
- Once an Heiress: Well-known rogue Ethan Helling is over his ears in gambling debts and must marry a fortune. Enter Lily Bachman with the largest dowry the haute ton has seen in years and zero interest in marriage. But when the seducer becomes the seduced, Lily and Ethan are forced into a hasty union. Now, to gain her fortune, Ethan must find a way to make his unwilling bride happy.
- Once Upon a Scandal: Caught in a scandal of her father’s making, Jane is an outcast in the society that once prized her refinement. Can Lord Benjamin Marworth, whose reputation as a rake conceals his role as a spy for the Crown, save both England and Jane by faking her death and reincarnating her as a French cousin who can ferret out the stolen war secrets he needs? It’s a proposition steeped in scandal if they’re caught – but love just might be worth the risk.
- Merry’s Wonderful Christmas Gift: The winter holidays used to be Miss Merry Damonson’s favorite time of year. Until her almost-fiance Edward Everton abandoned her two days before Christmas. Now he’s returned to their country village, but is it too late to reignite old flames? A holiday ball might just offer these unlucky lovers a second chance.
- The Glass Orchid: Determined to take charge of her own fate, orphan Adel Beaumont pursues the only means to an independent life available to her: become a courtesan to wealthy and powerful men. Twenty-one-year-old Rhys Camden is his father’s answer to increasing the family’s social standing to match their newfound wealth. When Adel and Rhys’s lives entwine, they vow to defy society and family and risk everything to be together. But they soon learn how dangerous that defiance can be.
- How to Wed an Earl: To inherit the family coffers, Lucas, Earl of Ravenstone, must claim a fiancée who will no doubt be thrilled at the prospect of finally being able to use his name and become his countess. But Penelope Maitland has already been using Lucas’s name – to fend off her stepfamily’s creditors. Lucas finds that in order to keep his fortune, he will have to lose his heart to a woman who is tired of waiting for him.
Sensuality Level: Sensual